About the Big MO
"The Big MO" Monetta Drive-In Theatre Monetta SC (803)685-7949
This page will answer most of your questions about the drive-in. If you still have questions after reading this page, you can contact us using the information at the bottom of this page. See Frequently Asked Questions
Grills are not allowed
NO FIELD SWITCHING. Your ticket buys admission to one screen only.
(The movie studios allow us to offer a double feature for one price only if we agree to prohibit screen switching. We must account for the number of viewers on each field. If we allow you to watch a movie that you didn't pay for, we could be fined or prevented from showing double features in the future.) Admission: Adults (12 & up) $8.00, Children (4 - 11) $4.00, Babies (3 & under) free. CASH ONLY
NO RE-ADMISSION IF YOU LEAVE, YOU MUST PAY TO GET BACK IN.
The Big MO offers:
- The authentic drive-in theatre experience (There's nothing else quite like it)
- Full service concession stand
- Hot Dogs
- Sausage Dogs
- Corn Dogs
- BBQ Sandwiches
- Ice Cream
- Soft Drinks
- ... and more
- Double Features
- Clear stereo sound through your car's radio - 90.3 (Main Field), 95.9 FM (Screen #2) and 105.1 (Screen #3). (You control the volume!)
- Play area for the kids
- Frequent Star-Gazer card (earn free food!) Click Here for Star-Gazer info
- Trivia contests during intermission (win free food and other valuable prizes)
- Fun for the whole family
Some other things to remember when visiting the drive-in:
- No readmission.
- No refunds once show has begun.
- No grills, laser pointers, alcohol, illegal substances or glass containers.
- One space per vehicle. (There are two spaces between posts.)
- Park conversion vans and other high clearance vehicles on the last two rows.
- Hatches must be no higher than the top of the vehicle.
- Don't sit on top of your vehicle.
- Don't throw balls, frisbees or other objects near the screen tower or front fence.
- Keep ticket stub as proof of purchase.
- Use parking lights when driving in theatre.
- Turn off all vehicle lights when parked. (Check your owner's manual regarding daytime running lights.)
- Please use trash cans and vehicle's ashtrays. (Trash bags are available in concession stand.)
- Wear shoes at all times.
- Supervise your children at all times.
- Please be courteous to others.
- Don't drive over 5 mph.
- No smoking in concession stand. Those who smoke in their cars, should be respectful of those who might not be able to tolerate smoke due to health reasons. Please do not throw your cigarette butts on the ground.
- Play area is closed during the movie.
- The line for admission forms on the south side of the drive--in entrance. Be courteous to those waiting in line and go to the end of the line. As they say in elementary school, "No Cutting Line!"
- During extremely hot or cold temperatures, if you plan to run your engine during the movie, please park in the rear of the field.
- You may walk around all three fields before the movies start, but once the movies begin, you must stay on the field for which you hold a ticket. If you are caught on a field without the proper ticket, you will be evicted from the drive-in.
Gates open one and a half to two hours before showtime. The first show starts at dusk (check Now Showing page for specific showtimes).
The Monetta Drive-In is open on Friday, Saturday & Sunday. We are occasionally open seven nights a week during special promotions, and for the premier of some new movies. Please check this web site regularly for our weekly schedule.
The Big MO has been featured in several newspaper and magazine articles. Here are links to the articles that are posted on the web:
Read the May 2011 Augusta Chronicle article about the drive-in.
Read the May 2010 Columbia ParentsRoom article about the drive-in.